“This is a Howard Van Doren Shaw home in Lake Forest. Our client bought and completely renovated it — making it a really livable family home, while embracing many of the original details of the architecture.”
1. “The art was commissioned by Chicago artist Linc Thelen and abstractly depicts The Last Supper. We loved that it had a serious subject matter. The colors brought everything in the room together.” Lincthelenart.com
2. Arteriors Home: Flynn lamp, $570; Arteriorshome.com
4. “We actually used the backside of the fabric for a more subtle and unusual pattern. We loved that it was a nod to the Missoni zigzag, but a little offbeat.” Missoni: fabric, Stark, 222 W. Merchandise Mart; Starkcarpet.com
1. “By using an oversized mirror to create the perception of depth, as well as various textures throughout the space, the dining room creates a unique sense of place.” Mondi found this Palazzo mirror at home furnishings haven Julian Chichester, but score a similar piece for less at Shades of Light (Metal Industrial Rivet mirror, $179; Shadesoflight.com).
2. The Luna Bella (Lunabella.com) ceiling pendant fixtures come with a steep price tag ($3,000), but you can still get the look with these Paxton hand blown glass pendants (below, $99, Pottery Barn, 1000 W. North; Potterybarn.com).
3. “Incorporate textures that reflect light such as shimmery velvets, silk rugs, crystal or lucite accents. Add lots of lighting and it will amplify the perception of space.” Currey & Company: Luna table lamp, $599; Curreycodealers.com
5. Mondi scoured these hostess wing back dining chairs at Belle Meade Signature (Bellemeadesignature.com), but if you’re looking for a less expensive option, search for the Naomi accent chair ($320) at Theclassyhome.com.